7 October, 2019
Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters (pancakes)
Posted in : Best Recipes on by : John Denver
- 1 head cauliflower or a 16 oz bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs panko or italian, I used panko
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning optional
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper more of less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- olive or canola oil
- Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, then process the cauliflower in the food processor until it become the texture of rice. This can also be done using a knife.
- Combine the minced cauliflower, cheeses, eggs, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Heat skillet to medium/high heat. Coat with oil (about 1/2 inch) Form cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across.
- Cook until golden brown & set, about 3-4 minutes per side. Enjoy with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce!
Base Recipe adapted from site